Month: July 2015

Summer Visitation

One of the most frequent questions we get this time of year is about summer visitation–how it works, who goes where, and for how long. The easiest answer is to check your divorce or custody papers, as summer visitation is usually spelled out there. But what happens when one or both parties wants to change what the papers say? As long as both parties are in agreement, they can change the details of summer visitation without going back to court. It’s best to get this agreement in writing, so both parties are on the same page. If one or both parties can’t agree on the changes, they will have to get the court involved to make the decision. Each case is fact-specific, so it’s always best to consult with a Family Law Attorney in Alabama if you have any questions about summer visitation.

Call us today for a free case evaluation or if you have any questions, (251) 304-3200.